In 2022, B2B marketing will be a key driver for companies to achieve ambitious growth objectives.
In a cloud-first world, digital transformation and innovation within B2B organizations will no longer be a “nice-to have” but a requirement to stay relevant.
But even as more tools become available and new ways of working are adopted across the organization, the basic tenets of B2B marketing won’t change: delivering value to customers by building strong relationships with them that deepen over time. In this article we’ll explore why B2B marketers need to embrace this philosophy now in order to create rich customer experiences that unlock long term value from their businesses.
Here is what you should know about B2B marketing in 2022:
1) Change your strategy based on the needs of different types of customers. When conducting B2B marketing, it’s important to determine whether certain strategies will work better with one type of customer than another. Your company might have similar services for all clients, but what you say to them may be very different depending on their specific needs or industry. For instance, an IT consultancy firm can focus its messaging on ensuring secure network access for consumers while giving other clients tips on how they can streamline their own networks. The message is tailored specifically to meet each client’s needs.
2) Use B2B marketing to build stronger relationships. Staying in touch with your clientele helps you learn more about their business, which is how you can tailor your message for each individual company. For example, if IT consultants are aware that clients are having problems with network security, they might send out a newsletter recommending certain software products that could help them improve their protection. Rather than just pitching new services or products, this kind of outreach establishes trust and keeps the consultant top-of-mind when the time comes to buy. It also starts building a relationship between both parties so that the client feels comfortable working with the vendor over time.
3) Personalize emails, websites and ads. Email is one of the most effective B2B marketing tools. Everyone is bombarded with messages all day long, so it’s important to have a good subject line that will immediately get the reader’s attention. One way to do this is by personalizing your message. For example, if you’re sending an email to a CEO or other high-level executive, make sure your greeting reflects their title and position within the company right off the bat.
4) Don’t neglect mobile customers. It can be easy to focus on websites when running B2B marketing campaigns, but according to MarketingLand, smartphones and tablets are expected to become even more dominant in 2014 than they were in 2013. With the number of mobile users growing every year, businesses need to invest time and resources into developing mobile-friendly websites and apps.
5) Improve your SEO strategy. One of the best ways to build a strong B2B marketing campaign is by using Search Engine Optimization (SEO). This allows potential customers who are searching for specific keywords, such as “IT consultant” or “IT consultancy,” to find you rather than any competitors that may have similar services. This also helps keep competition from hijacking your web presence or distracting visitors with ads on the side of search results pages. In order to accomplish this goal, it’s important that businesses use their company name as their website’s URL so they’ll appear at the top of Google searches when consumers type in relevant words and phrases.
6) Don’t forget about B2C marketing. Although B2B marketers primarily focus on promoting their company to other businesses, it’s a good idea to also take advantage of the benefits B2C campaigns have to offer. This includes utilizing social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter in order to reach out directly to customers who may be looking for products or services similar to the ones you offer. In addition, Business News Daily recommends having a dedicated landing page that highlights your products or services for this type of audience in addition to your current website.
7) Leverage customer referrals through incentives. One of the best ways you can make sure B2B marketing is successful is by encouraging satisfied customers to refer others they know who could benefit from your business’ offerings. You can do this through incentives that are exclusive to referrals, such as coupons or discounts.
8) Track the progress of your campaign. It’s important to set goals when you’re creating B2B marketing strategies so you know what results to strive for and how well you’re doing to meet them. At the same time, it’s equally important to implement systems to track how much work is being done in order to make sure everyone is staying on the right path toward achieving goals. Tools like Google Analytics can provide businesses with accurate data about where website traffic is coming from and which pages visitors view more frequently, allowing vendors and marketers alike to adjust their strategy accordingly.